Register for Race at Button Below:
in cash prizes, thanks to the
ALEXANDER MACKENZIE 67.5 km
SIMON FRASER 25 km
All watercraft except inflatables.
(i.e., solo and tandem Canoe's, Kayak, SUPs, voyageur canoes)
*SEE RACE INFO FOR DETAILS (TBA)*
- Race ran from 1960-1984 and this was the largest canoe race event in the history of Prince George and British Columbia!
- Northern Hardware was the major sponsor carrying on the tradition. Original founder Donn Moffat was on hand to present awards in 2015 and 2016!
- Maintained the original course with an Isle Pierre start down the Nechako River finishing at Lheidli T'enneh Memorial Park.
- We had over 120 paddlers and 60 canoe’s ranging from beginners to experts and from ages 10 to 75!!
- Many alumni paddlers and past winners of the Northern Hardware Trophy come to paddle!
- First Nations, Carrier Sekani women’s team paddled a voyageur canoe!
- Farthest travelled: First Nations (husband and wife) team from Pukatawagen, Manitoba (2015) and Quebec (2016)!
- Paddlers from Quebec, Ontario, Manitoba, Saskatchewan, Alberta, Washington state, the Okanagan and Vancouver Island to compliment local paddlers!
- An incredible post event BBQ and awards ceremony at Lheidli T'enneh Memorial Park hosted by Crossroads Brewery.
- An incredible pool of contributing local businesses ranging from major sponsors to the corporate challenge and the raffle prize draw pool! Interest from other corporations to participate in a future event is growing!
- OVER $15,000 in cash prizes and raffle prizes for competitors and volunteers including a Clipper Whitewater II Ultralight canoe!
- Our incredible team of jet boats with PG-SAR personnel on hand to provide expert on water safety.
- An incredible team of 30+ volunteers in varying roles - timing, boat checks, awards ceremony!
- Through corporate challenge, we raise money for a local cause that encourages young people to get involved in sport. In the past we have donated to the Frozen Warriors program, which gives kids from inner city schools in Prince George the opportunity to participate in sport with access to Otway Cross Country Ski Center and ski rentals for the PG Iceman!
- Come and join the fun and make this one of your great summer experiences!