in cash prizes, thanks to the
ALEXANDER MACKENZIE 67.5 km
SIMON FRASER 25 km
All watercraft except inflatables.
(i.e., solo and tandem Canoe's, Kayak, SUPs, voyageur canoes)
*SEE RACE INFO FOR DETAILS (TBA)*
- Race ran from 1960-1984 and after a 31 year hiatus, this was the largest canoe race event in the history of Prince George and British Columbia!
- Northern Hardware was the major sponsor carrying on the tradition and the original founder Donn Moffat was on hand to present awards in 2015 and 2016!
- We had over 120 paddlers and 60 canoe’s ranging from beginners to experts and from ages 10 to 75!!
- Many alumni paddlers and past winners come to paddle!
- First Nations, Carrier Sekani women’s team paddled a voyageur canoe!
- Farthest travelled: First Nations team from Pukatawagen, Manitoba (2015) and Quebec (2016)!
- Others came from Saskatchewan, Alberta, Washington, the Okanagan and Vancouver Island to compliment local paddlers!
- An incredible post event BBQ at Lheidli T'enneh Memorial Park hosted by Integris Credit Union.
- An incredible pool of contributing local businesses ranging from major sponsors to the corporate challenge and the raffle prize draw pool! Interest from other corporations to participate in a future event is growing!
- OVER $15 000 dollars in cash prizes and incredible raffle prizes for competitors and volunteers including a Clipper Whitewater II Ultralight canoe!
- Our incredible team of jet boats with SAR personnel were on hand to provide expert on water safety.
- An incredible team of 30+ volunteers in varying roles!
- Through corporate challenge, we raise money for the Frozen Warriors Program, which gives kids from inner city schools the opportunity to participate in sport with access to Otway Cross Country Ski Center and ski rentals for the PG Iceman!
- And many more great event facts / stories!